Tuesday, February 24, 2009

ONE WEEK!!!

It’s hard to believe that this time next week I will be in Haiti. I guess I should start packing! I’ve deemed it impossible not to check a bag. My massive amount of hand sanitizer and bug spray alone is gonna push me over the TSA limit. And no… I will not be packing a hairdryer, curling iron or… ::gasp::, hair straightener! Luckily though, in case you missed it, I had a Brittney Spears moment and cut off over a foot of my hair! (don’t worry I donated it to Locks of Love).

A lot of you mentioned to me that you ‘bookmarked’ my blog. Awesome!, but geez, talk being ‘blogged down’ (aw man I crack myself up..) w/pressure to produce a good blog . So, since I don’t leave for another week, I thought I’d throw in a little fun.

Little known fact: my dog, Boozer, had a blog before I did (kept by his dog walker, not me). He was an overnight sensation, voted “hottest dog on the Internet” by People magazine, and was asked to appear on “The View” just three days after his debut. (okay, I made all that up, but seriously, I love that dog) This was my excuse to post a picture of my dog… here he is, world’s best snuggler:

(pics taken by dog walker)

In other trip news (this is a really exciting update ready…): I got a tetanus vaccine Saturday at Safeway (yea.. like the food store…) who knew. Milk (check), eggs (check) tetanus shot (check??) A word about that by the way: OW! How is my arm still sore? Oh well, at least now I can step on all the rusty nails I want! Which, I obviously don’t plan on doing, but, again, 2009 = I get one splinter and end up with tetanus.

Anyways, one more week, and I am SO excited! Thanks for keeping up! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you think about the crisis? Visit my article:
www.folliero.it (italian and spanish)

and

www.lapatriagrande.net

Regards from Venezuela

Cheryl said...

Kristen, I will be praying for you as you travel to GLA. I pray for safety while traveling and for good health while you are there. I linked to your blog from Susan's. :-)

I have been to GLA in 2003, 2004(adopted 2 kids), 2006, 2007, 2008 and will travel there again in August 2009. Haiti and GLA feels like my second home!

Thanks for letting us come on your journey with you.