Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Today is my final day with my kids! It is so hard saying goodbye. All of the other volunteers went to Fort Jacques this morning to paint, while I stayed behind to spend my last day with the most fabulous 8 babies that stole my heart. It has been great to spend a quiet one on one day with each of them. When I get back...I'll post all 8 and some more pictures.

This will be my last post in Haiti. My driver comes early tomorrow, we pick up security and head into Port Au Prince. Apparently the airport leaving is better then what you see of the airport arriving. While is good because, well...it was intense. I should be in late Wednesday night then back to work Thursday morning.
I am going to miss everything about this place. Watching the progress of the kids...seeing them smile, being attacked by toddlers after a long day at work.. all the people who work here and their amazingly large hearts...the scenery... the WEATHER! :-)

I am however looking forward to showering ... not that I wasn't appreciative of my 4 showers (including one rain and one bucket...) but, hot water sounds AMAZING! The trip has made me 1,000,000x more thankful for everything that is often taken for granted.

I'll post more when I'm back home. Bonswa!

No comments: