Thursday, March 12, 2009

Volunteers eh?

Everyone's sick! Not me (someone please write this one down...) :-) We just got a new volunteer yesterday who is a nurse and a mom, and both have come through in her and she has been taking care of us sicklings. In one of the first convos we had together, rocking on the rocking chair, she said, "Isn't it amazing what love can do" , I like her already.
The other day we took a walk to the store with some babies (picture). At the store, we bought a delicious treat - MUD COOKIES! I thought... when in Haiti... and took a bite. I would not recommend them. It was the smallllest bite and that was enough. Definitely an experience, and I know I am that much more grateful to never have another bite.

This week has just flown by!! Saturday we are taking 1/2 day to go paint at the new orphanage. I can't wait to see it. :-)

Today, I broke down and checked the news headlines. just skimmed them. It's been so great being so disconnected. I think... I THINK, I have finally gotten over hearing phantom cell phone ringing. The big news today was the neighbors have a cock fight every Thursday, and as far as other news...well, I am assuming the economy is bad in the states... JUST an assumption. So for now, I'm focusing on who will win next door.

No comments: